Skip to main content

I’m unhappy with the service I’ve received, what should I do?

If you have any concerns about our service, please get in touch with us. Your feedback is invaluable. It helps us to find out what we’re doing wrong as well as what we’re doing right. Ultimately it’s how you can help us continually improve our services for everyone.

The sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can help you.

How to make a complaint

There are two types of complaint - each for a different type of concern you may have. We don’t expect you to know which category your complaint falls into, so don’t worry, our dedicated Resolutions Team will review it and let you know. Just tell us what your concern or feedback is by using the contact details further down this page.

Statutory review

This type of complaint is about how we’ve applied our legislation and made a decision, such as on your entitlement, or your eligibility to payments from us. 

FAS complaints (FAS only)

For FAS, if you’re unhappy with the service you’ve received or an action we’ve taken, please get in touch. If your complaint qualifies as a statutory review, it will automatically be treated as such.

How to make a complaint

If you think your concerns could be addressed in any of our above complaints processes, or you’d like to suggest an improvement to the service we provide, please contact us using the below details at any time as we’d love to hear from you.

You don’t have to be a member to make a complaint but if you’re a member, you can also raise a complaint directly through your online member account using our secure messaging function.


Resolutions Team
Pension Protection Fund
PO Box 254
NR18 8DN

By telephone: 0330 123 2222

By email: [email protected]


Resolutions Team
Financial Assistance Scheme
PO Box 287
NR18 8EZ

By telephone: 0330 678 0000

By email: [email protected]

Download our complaint guidelines

Our complaint leaflets explain in more detail what you need to do to make a complaint and how we'll handle it.

All complaints can be escalated if you’re not happy with the response you’re provided with in the first instance. Our complaint leaflet (downloadable below) explains the process in more detail.