Who can request a review
Only trustees or authorised representatives can request a review. If an employer or guarantor has previously raised a D&B appeal, they need to show that the trustees have authorised them to request a review.
What issues can be raised in a review?
- You think we’ve made a mistake calculating your scheme-based levy
- You think we’ve made a mistake calculating the insolvency risk element of your risk-based levy calculation.
- If it concerns the calculation of an employer or guarantor’s Mean Score, Levy Band or Levy Rate you’ve already appealed to D&B and you want us to review their decision.
- You think there’s a mistake in the underfunding element of your risk-based levy
- You believe the interest charged for late or non-payment of the levy should be waived
How to request a review
To request a review, you’ll need to complete a Levy Review Application Form.
You must send this to us within 28 days of the date on your invoice or the conclusion of a query or D&B appeal.
If it’s late, you need to show that it was reasonable for the application to be made late and that it has been made within a reasonable period.
How we’ll consider your review application
We’ll consider your application in the context of our seeking changes to data used to calculate the levy – practice and principles.
We have no power to modify or depart from the levy rules, we can only consider how the rules have been applied.
How to appeal our review decisions
If you’re not satisfied with the results of our review you can appeal to our Reconsideration Committee.
You’ll need to submit a Reconsideration Committee application form.
If you're not satisfied with the decision of the Reconsideration Committee, you can appeal to the PPF Ombudsman.